About the Journal
JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS DISCOVERY (JNPD) is devoted to the publication of original articles. The Journal publishes papers describing significant novelty in the analysis, isolation of metabolites, biological and pharmacological properties of natural products (including whole plants, marine organisms, terrestrial animals, fungi, bacteria and viruses, their cells, tissues and organs. The derived extracts and isolates should have characteristics or activities relevant for either basic biological sciences (botany, ecology, biochemistry, pharmacology, etc.) or use in the food, agrochemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and related industries. All forms of physical, chemical, biochemical, spectroscopic, radiometric, electrometric, chromatographic, metabolomic and chemometric investigations of plant products are also within the journal's scope. Papers dealing with novel methods relating to areas such as data handling/data mining in plant sciences will also be welcomed.
JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS DISCOVERY (JNPD) operates as a Diamond open access. This means no fees to either the reader or the author. Alternative labels include platinum open access, non-commercial open access, cooperative open access or, more recently, open access commons.
If you receive any communication requesting fees on behalf of the JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS DISCOVERY (JNPD), we will never ask you for any fees or personal/bank details. If you receive any communication asking for your personal/bank details, passwords or claiming any kind of payment on our behalf this is a scam/phishing. Please notify the editorial board immediately so we can take any legal actions (email@example.com)
JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS DISCOVERY (JNPD) aims to :
- Conduct natural products research that is interdisciplinary, translational and delivers a positive impact for scientific advancement, global healthcare, socio-economic prosperity, conservation and environmental sustainability and policy making.
- Serve as a global player for dissemination of natural products research in the following aspects: scholarship, training, knowledge exchange/transfer, collaboration, consultancy, commercialisation, capacity, skills and career development.
- Provide strategic intellectual and technical leadership globally, on existing and emerging issues.
- Be involved in social engagement, policy discourse and public advocacy on natural products.
We will welcome the following types of contributions:
- Original articles.
- Review articles describing recent advances in specific areas of plant analysis.
- Mini-reviews (strictly no more than five pages) covering particular hot topics.
- Short communications.
If you wish to advertise/share suitable professional events on Natural Products (Seminars, congresses, meetings. opinions, letters to the editors), please let us know. If the editorial board finds it within our focus, we will tweet it to our followers.
Twitter account: @LjmuCNPD
Notice and Takedown Policy
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material in LJMU Open Journals that infringes UK law, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the following:
- Your contact details and the reason for the withdrawal request, some examples are:
- Unauthorised use by reason of reproduction and/or making available the material
- Breach of moral right of [paternity/integrity/right not to have my work subjected to derogatory treatment]
- Other complaints, e.g. defamation, breach of confidence, data protection
- The full bibliographic details of the material and the full URL
- Proof that you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
Upon receipt of notification, the ‘Notice and Takedown' procedure is then invoked as follows:
- LJMU will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint. We aim to acknowledge and assess the complaint within seven days of receipt.
- Where grounds for complaint are plausible, the material will be temporarily removed from public view in LJMU Open Journals pending an agreed solution.
- LJMU will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on LJMU Open Journals unchanged.
- The material is replaced on LJMU Open Journals with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from LJMU Open Journals.
- In some cases a metadata record will remain. This will be on a case by case basis.
If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution from receipt of notification, the material will remain unavailable through LJMU Open Journals until a time when a resolution has been reached. It may be necessary for us to seek legal advice before the complaint can be fully resolved.